Project Brief: To create a Search engine optimized and user centered design to attract and convert more clients for a small mental health care organization
The Problem: The site was difficult to navigate because it lacked visual hierarchy. There were multiple dead or misleading links throughout the site. The name of the organization was not written anywhere on the site and only existed in photos. The load time was slow due to large files.
The Goals: The goals of this website redesign were to decrease the bounce rate, increase time spent on the site, increase new leads, increase total conversions from lead to client and to Increase search ranking.
Responsibilities: User Research, Flow Mapping, Wire Framing, Visual Design, Site Copy, Keyword Research, Testing, Launching
Tools: Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffects, SEMRush, HemingwayApp, Grammarly, Figma, WebFlow
The Process: This was my first solo freelance project. I started with a small pitch project. I mocked up a few pages using adobeXD to get the clients attention in order to have a pitch meeting. I walked the client through the mockup in XD and they hired me to create a site that would work well for their target audiences and clients.
I officially began the project with research. I needed to understand what my clients needs were and the needs of their target audience. I did a full site audit using SEMRush. I followed this up by installing Google Analytics trackers. I also provided Team TIIBA with a questionnaire. I was able to establish two personas for their website. One for their potential clients and one for potential employees.
After establishing who I was creating the site for, I worked on the flow mapping and wire framing. I needed a clear idea of what pages need to connect and the journey the users would enter once they navigated to the site. Once those were completed and approved, I moved on to the visual design. I made several changes between the pitch stage and the design stage.
After creating the visual design, It was time to fill in copy. Before I could write any copy for the site, I need to do topic research and keyword research. I used credible sources to establish a clear understanding of my topic. I leaned on my clients to ensure the language I was using was accurate and inclusive. I used SEMRush to conduct keyword research. I compiled a list of primary keywords and secondary keywords that the site wanted to rank for and wrote content based on the research I conducted.
The final stage was testing and launch. I asked other designers, parents, educators and Board Certified Behavioral Analysts to walk through the site and make suggestions or edits. After receiving feedback, I submitted the website for review by my clients. They wanted some revisions. With each round of revisions that design changed. The final round saw a site somewhere between the pitch mockup and the visual design I submitted.
I installed Google analytics tracker on their new site in order to monitor how the site was going. I still make small changes to support growth, check for bugs and ensure the site continues to function properly.